Notes aus Deutschland

Emily lives in Germany now...at least for this year. The idea? Happily although sparsely financed by the US and German governments, she sets off to learn german, get some work experience, be a cultural ambassador and drink beer. follow her adventures here...

Name:
Location: München, Bayern, Germany

the adventures of planning my cross-cultural wedding, from start to finish

Monday, December 05, 2005

minty eyes and other homeopathic remedies

so
last night my host mom gave me some herbal remedies for my cough that i canĀ“t seem to kick. First of all I should add that I am continually amazed at the incredible concern most europeans show at the sign of a nasty sounding cough. In Italy I was stopped on the street and told to go directly to the doctors if I coughed in public. At any rate, I appreciated the remedies provided by Sigrid, which included tea tree oil salve and some other minty oil thing that you drink. So I smothered myself with the salve, drank a drop of the oil, and fell into bed in a minty herby tingly tired from my trip to Dresden (more on that later) daze. Just before I drifted off, I did something incredibly stupid. I rubbed my eye. ahhhhhhh. Tingly minty breath is nice, as is tingly minty hair or even hands or feet I guess but tingly minty eye is not. If I kept it closed it tingled, if i opened it i got that drastic cold sensation you get on your tounge from eating five altoids at once. I was too tired to get up and rinse my eye out, so i eventually drifted off to sleep, considering the whole time the possible side effects of my eyefreshening mistake. aye aye aye (haha!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home