Notes aus Deutschland

Emily lives in Germany now...at least for this year. The idea? Happily although sparsely financed by the US and German governments, she sets off to learn german, get some work experience, be a cultural ambassador and drink beer. follow her adventures here...

Name:
Location: München, Bayern, Germany

the adventures of planning my cross-cultural wedding, from start to finish

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Männer sind Schweine

Ja. That´s a song, Männer sind Schweine (men are pigs) and today I find it especially apt... I´ll leave it at that for now, suffice it to say my host mother is adorable and comforting.

And as further therapie I went with my host dad and Benni (dog) to the biggest sledding hill in Feldafing and met the coolest kids. Two hours of sledding, snowball fights with the 6-12 year olds...and then we built an igloo (my idea) and I fielded a number of questions including "do people live in skyscrapers in america?"

There´s no better therapie than kids when you realize that life is really not as complicated as you think. Not nearly. And then I came back and drank Glühwein with my host family and helped them stuff envelopes for christmas cards and downloaded vince guaraldi´s charlie brown christmas music for them to hear and recited the whole of "twas the night before christmas". It was wonderful.

Tomorrow I have two interviews for my praktikum and tonight I´m going to Munich to watch a movie with a friend and spend the night there. After tuesday I think i´ll become a semi-permanent feldafing resident for a while. It´s very cozy, white and christmasy here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home