Notes aus Deutschland

Emily lives in Germany now...at least for this year. The idea? Happily although sparsely financed by the US and German governments, she sets off to learn german, get some work experience, be a cultural ambassador and drink beer. follow her adventures here...

Name:
Location: München, Bayern, Germany

the adventures of planning my cross-cultural wedding, from start to finish

Thursday, December 22, 2005

crashing together of my senses

zzzzzz

i'm so tired. today i did a ridiculous amount of christmas shopping, had another interview (success!) and spent the evening with a friend Jacques, from france of course. And then when I got home I encountred not anger from my host mom but rather felt on the defensive nonetheless. I had ordered a christmas present from amazon and she subtley pointed out that they are their competitors (they run a book distributor) and then I explained what a great interview I had today and how I will probably take the Praktikum at this firm and she told me how much she disagrees with that the firm does. In a very nice and subtle way, but still. And then told me that her stepdaughter just had a miscarriage and her stepson got hurt on the job as a policeman. And i'm so sleepy. So I feel a bit defeated. Too tired to make any sort of decisions anyways, so i'll just let it sit. I was gonna go early to munich tomorrow to do more shopping but i think i'm just going to sleep till i wake up. have UWH at 9pm anyways and don't want to stay in the city for too long. zzzzzzzzzzzzz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home